SERVPRO, a national leader in Fire restoration.
Call the experts when disaster strikes!
A premier company can make the difference in the first 24 hours of a Fire disaster, this will make the difference in replacing or restoring our customers valuables! At SERVPRO we pride ourselves in a quick response and restoring your business to preloss condition. We understand there will be much uncertainty, stress and concerns about the future of the business.
We want to limit the amount of time your business operations and unexpected period of lost productivity and revenue is at risk. We understand that in addition to the fire damage there will be significant water damage from the firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems. Let us ensure your property and belongings are restored.
Here are some tips we would like to share:
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
What is water mitigation? And why is it so important?
Water damaged drywall
It’s 3am and you awake to the sound of running water. As you groggily come to your senses, you decide to check out the unusual noise, only to find that there is water everywhere. What do you do?
The first thing you should do is call SERVPRO of Alachua County West to begin water mitigation. Water is known as a “universal solvent” because it dissolves more substances than any other liquid, and the moment it is released upon your home, it begins eating away at your walls, floors, and anything in its path. This is why mitigation is so important and the sooner the better. Mitigation means to lessen damage, and this is why your insurance company works so closely with restoration companies. They want us to get out there as soon as possible day or night to begin the clean up so that it lessens that damage that the water is doing to your home. Did you know that a sheet of drywall can absorb as much as 6 inches of water in less than 3 hours? This is the reason your first call should be to SERVPRO of Alachua County West, because we are “faster to any size disaster.”
Winter is Here, Start the Year Off Storm Ready!
Winter preparedness in the Sunshine State
Welcome to Florida the Sunshine Sate with the most unpredictable storms! As we begin 2019, we would like to share some preparedness tips that will equip you and your family for unforeseen weather conditions. General year-round preparedness is imperative to ensure safety. Below, you will find some useful tips and reminders.
- Make a communication plan so your family knows how to reconnect and reunite when a disaster strikes.
- Build or restock your emergency preparedness kits for home, work and your vehicle, include a flashlight, batteries, cash, and first aid supplies, for adults and children.
- Create an emergency savings fund and keep cash on hand for emergencies
- Download the FEMA App and set up local alerts.
- Monitor radio, TV, or social media and follow instructions of local officials.
Financial Preparedness and Insurance Coverage:
- Plan for unexpected out-of-pocket expenses for lodging, food, gas and more
- Be prepared for the cost of deductibles for insurance and medical co-pays.
- Having insurance for your home or business property ensures you will have the financial resources needed to help you repair, rebuild or replace whatever is damaged.
- Keep your coverage for flood insurance, even if your mortgage is paid off.
Protect the life you’ve built. Homeowners, renters and businesses recover more quickly when insured and are prepared ahead of time for unpredictable weather conditions in Florida and all over the world!
Get A Kit, Make A Plan, Be Informed!
Though you have hung your stockings with care, are you prepared to keep them dry?
Don't let your Holiday spirit drown when an emergency happens.
Holidays are a time for good food, friends and family, which takes a lot of planning to pull off the perfect holiday event. You have planned your guest list, your meal, and activities and you have checked it twice, but what have you planned in the case of a water emergency? Besides major events such as storms, floods, or even frozen pipes, there are many ways that your home can sustain water damage that most people don’t think of day to day until the emergency happens and unfortunately for some, it seems to happen right around the time of the holidays when your home is full of holiday cheer… and lots of holiday guests. Whether it be an old pipe that has suddenly let go, an over worked ice maker line, a washing machine washing the elves Christmas clothes, an overworked dishwasher or the hot water heater that helps it scrub the holiday fare from your best china, SERVPRO is here to help at a moment’s notice. We truly believe our customers are like out family, so we will make sure to be “faster to any size disaster” that you may have no matter the time or day.
As temperatures drop around Alachua and surrounding areas do we get a break from mold?
A sample of a mold score inside a customer's home.
Finally, Floridians are getting a break from all the heat and lower humidity as temperatures drop, but will we get a break from the presence of mold growing in our homes? The answer is no, keeping our homes safe from mold is a year round job. Mold exists all around us as spores float through the outside air at all times, so it would be almost impossible, unless you lived in a bubble to keep mold spores out of your home. The first step in finding out if you have mold growing in your home or air quality issues from mold is to have a state licensed mold assessor come out and test your home. They not only test your home, but also test the outside air, and this is how they determine if you have an air quality issue in your home by seeing if your home has more spores floating about than the air outside where we know mold exists. After remediation is completed, the mold assessor will again perform testing to show that your spore counts in your home are within normal levels. Did you know that in the state of Florida the same company cannot test for mold and perform your remediation? This would be like you taking a test in school and being able to grade it yourself. In fact, many remediation companies never tell the home or business owner about the process of testing. Instead they base their remediation efforts on visual inspection and the customer has no idea whether there is still mold lurking somewhere you cannot see or if there is an air quality issue due to a high number spores floating throughout your home. Unless you’ve had an issue with mold, the process can seem daunting if you suspect you have mold. Get informed and give SERVPRO of Alachua County West with any and all questions you may have and we will steer you in the right direction.
Don't let Florida Winters fool you, always be storm ready.
Sever storm weather hitting Florida early December 3rd, 2018
Florida is known for it's sunny weather, and mild winters. Don't let all the snowbirds fool you as they flock south for the winter, Florida is no stranger to winter storm fronts. Due to it's mild temperatures and relative humidity, Florida can experience violent storms as cold fronts move southward towards its sunny beaches. This is evident as a cold front descended towards North Central Florida this morning creating severe thunderstorms and spawning tornado warnings across Suwannee, Columbia and Gilchrist counties that are expected to move south east towards Alachua County throughout the day.
Are you prepared for possible flooding and damaged caused by strong winds and fallen trees? As a home or business owner you can prepare by keeping a watch on your local weather alerts such as the Alachua County alert page at http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/EM/Pages/AlertAlachua.aspx. You will also want to keep the phone number of SERVPRO of Alachua County West handy for any storm damage needs that you may have, because we are "Faster to any size disaster."
We are always available when you need it most!
A flood can be so overwhelming! You are left standing there, looking at all your prized possessions soaking up water, and what can you do?
We can start off by setting up an Emergency Ready plan, so you can be prepared before disaster strikes. Your ERP will give you all the information you need right at your fingertips on your mobile phone and also give access to anyone you choose, such as an employee or manager.
Meanwhile, if you have or have not yet had SERVPRO of Alachua County West set-up your ERP here are some important steps to follow in solving the puzzle of water damage in your home or business:
What To Do After Flooding
- Turn off source of water if known
- Call your insurance provider (if applicable) to start the claims process
- Contact your preferred restoration company (SERVPRO of Alachua County West) to get their emergency response team on the way.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Are You Keeping Your Office Safe?
We want to help protect your business
Living in Florida is hard enough with the erratic temperatures, and crazy humidity! With the outside air temperatures changing this time of year, staying on top of the thermostat inside the office can make a difference in your work space.
Without proper humidity or ventilation control, mold spores,which naturally occur in higher levels inthe sub-tropical Florida climate, can form on virtually any surface.
SERVPRO of Alachua County West can help you maintain your workplace by offering carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, dryer vent and air duct cleaning.
Contact SERVPRO of Alachua County West today to come out and assess what services are right for peace of mind for your business.
They say an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure and keeping up on the maintenance issues of your office can save you thousands in the long run.
We're not just a brand you can trust, but a family you can trust!
The SERVPRO of Alachua County West Team
SERVPRO of Alachua County West is a local, family owned franchise here in North Central Florida. Owners Mark & Becky have been in business for 11 years and have also had their children along for the ride. Their son, Jason, is the Production Manager. He also has his contractors license which allows our company to clean-up and restore damages.
"All of our employees are all like family" Becky says, and with that mentality we also treat our customers like family.
When you choose SERVPRO, you are choosing a brand that knows how to take care of any situation with the upmost care and integrity. We will always do our best to make your disaster or even just your carpet cleaning "Like it never even happened."
Why should you choose SERVPRO?
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals blend customer service and accountability with proven methods of mitigating damage after a loss. We use the highest quality equipment including our online reporting system to help our staff work faster and more efficiently.
We do the work for you
When you experience a loss, the last thing you want to do is spend countless hours cleaning up, or on the phone. SERVPRO of Alachua County West would be happy to take that stress from you and take care of everything. You can rely on us to take care of all the little details.
SERVPRO of Alachua County West is highly trained and capable of handling any job. Whether your toilet overflowed, your building caught fire or you just need that sofa cleaned, SERVPRO will take care of it!