As we observe National Hurricane Preparedness Week, we are reminded of “Why SERVPRO”.
National Hurricane Preparedness Week is May 5th through May 11th in 2019. This is just another national holiday to remind home and business owners why SERVPRO of Alachua County West should be in their Hurricane preparation plans.
Did you know?
- The hurricane season of 2017 broke several records, as 17 tropical storms formed in the Atlantic Basin, with ten of these becoming hurricanes. Six hurricanes became major storms, Category 3 and above—Harvey, Irma, Jose, Lee, Maria and Ophelia.
- Two of these hurricanes, Irma and Maria, reached Category 5 strength.
- The 2017 Atlantic hurricane season was the first time three Category 4 hurricanes (Harvey, Irma and Maria) made landfall in the United States and its territories in one year.
- The year 2017 has 3 of the 10 costliest hurricanes in a 10 year cycle, Maria #2, Irma #3, and Harvey #4. These figures do not include Hurricanes Florence or Michael of 2018 because the numbers are still preliminary at best.
- Florida has been affected by 6 out of 10 of the most costly hurricanes as of 2017, more than any other state.
So what does this have to do with “Why SERVPRO”?
- SERVPRO is the largest restoration company in the world with over 1700 franchises to date. That’s more than any other restoration company.
- SERVPRO has dedicated storm teams located in specific regions in the U.S. These teams, coordinate hundreds of franchises in affected areas and a fast response time to any disaster.
- SERVPRO has their own state of the art software, as well as years of experience in the restoration industry which puts us a step above out completion.
- SERVPRO franchises are locally owned and operated which means we are not just a business operating in your area, we are also your neighbor.
Now you know just a few of the reasons why you need to have SERVPRO of Alachua County West’s number handy when preparing for the new hurricane season. We’re not just a name you can trust, but a family you can trust.