Your Business & Water Damage
When Water Damage occurs in a business, the biggest concern is how quickly can I open back up or run normal? SERVPRO of Alachua County West has trained technicians that are ready 24-7, 365 days a year to respond immediately to water damage at your business. We have the experience, expertise and training to restore your business as quickly as possible. Our technicians closely monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
Call SERVPRO of Alachua County West at 352-374-6589 for Water Damage
Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in a Business
- SPRINKLER SYSTEM – Many commercial businesses have sprinkler systems. Of course, these are great when you have a fire damage, but not so great when they malfunction. Always inspect for damage have a set time each year for inspection. Replace any questionable sprinklers.
- PLUMBING PROBLEMS – Pipes are susceptible to clogs, backups, leaks or damages. Look for signs of rust, staining, cracking or bulging. Leak detection systems are valuable and inexpensive, and an alarm will sound if it senses anything. If your building is in a low temperature area, it is best to insulate your pipes.
- BROKEN APPLICANCES OR EQUIPMENT – If your business has equipment that uses water and has tubes, pipes, gaskets or filters, these should be checked regularly. Replace water lines regularly, re-caulk and reseal.
- ROOF LEAKS – Check your roofing regularly. If water is puddling like a pond, then there may be a drainage problem. Every inch of water weighs in around five pounds.
- FLOODS/MOTHER NATURE – Natural disasters like hurricanes, severe thunderstorms and flash flooding can do major damage to your business. Of course, we cannot control Mother Nature, but we can be ready for it. Keeping gutters clean, having barriers if needed and storing important files or electronics at higher levels can help.
There is no way to completely eliminate all risks of water damage to your business, but having common practices and a good maintenance checking system in place can help reduce your risks. And if you do have a water damage call the professionals to help, SERVPRO of Alachua County West at 352-374-6589
Water damage incidents can add up. Consider some of the following facts:
- Between 2014 and 2015, more than 205,000 claims were filed for water damage at businesses across the country.
- The states with the highest incidence of water damage are California, Florida, Texas and New York, with Pennsylvania and Georgia close behind.
- An average, water damage from a sink will run $7,000 for each instance.
- For toilets, that number ranges between $2,000 and $10,000.
- Leaking roofs are the most common cause of water damage, especially in areas that experience freezing weather, strong winds or hail.