Winter is Here, Start the Year Off Storm Ready!
Welcome to Florida the Sunshine Sate with the most unpredictable storms! As we begin 2019, we would like to share some preparedness tips that will equip you and your family for unforeseen weather conditions. General year-round preparedness is imperative to ensure safety. Below, you will find some useful tips and reminders.
- Make a communication plan so your family knows how to reconnect and reunite when a disaster strikes.
- Build or restock your emergency preparedness kits for home, work and your vehicle, include a flashlight, batteries, cash, and first aid supplies, for adults and children.
- Create an emergency savings fund and keep cash on hand for emergencies
- Download the FEMA App and set up local alerts.
- Monitor radio, TV, or social media and follow instructions of local officials.
Financial Preparedness and Insurance Coverage:
- Plan for unexpected out-of-pocket expenses for lodging, food, gas and more
- Be prepared for the cost of deductibles for insurance and medical co-pays.
- Having insurance for your home or business property ensures you will have the financial resources needed to help you repair, rebuild or replace whatever is damaged.
- Keep your coverage for flood insurance, even if your mortgage is paid off.
Protect the life you’ve built. Homeowners, renters and businesses recover more quickly when insured and are prepared ahead of time for unpredictable weather conditions in Florida and all over the world!