If you celebrating National Umbrella Day indoors... you had better call SERVPRO!
Saturday, February 10th is National Umbrella day. and although an umbrella is a handy thing for protecting us from driving rain or the sun's harsh rays, no one wants to need one in their home to keep water from above and ceiling debris from raining down upon them. If you need to celebrate National Umbrella Day indoors, you had better invite SERVPRO of Alachua County West to the party. Not only are our technicians fast, and known for their exemplary customer service, they are also highly skilled and trained in the “science” of drying. No water damage is the same and our technicians take their higher level of knowledge on mitigating water damage and put it to use making your damage “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know?
- The average of homeowners who have experienced a water loss is 37%.
- Approximately 14,000 people in the U.S. experience a water damage each day.
- Water damage is the second most frequent loss home and business owners file with their insurance companies.
- The total percentage of insurance claims that relate to water is 20%.
- The average cost of a water damage insurance claim is $6965.00.
- Approximately ¾ of all water heaters fail before they are 12 years of age.
- The average amount of time it take a washing machine hose to fail is only 9 years.
- A 1/8 inch long crack in a pipe can leak 250 gallons of water per day.
These are just a few facts about water damage that should persuade you to keep SERVPRO of Alachua County West’s number handy as well as cement you purchase of a spare umbrella, but if you’re not sure of what umbrella to purchase, here are a few more facts.
- The world average for umbrellas owned by an individual is 2.4 umbrellas.
- The color most used is blue at 34%, with black coming in second at 33%
- Most people in the world use portable umbrellas (55%).
- Men, on average loose more umbrellas than women. Men lose 5.6 umbrellas, and women lose 3.3 umbrellas respectively in their lifetimes.
- No less than 11 patents have been filed for umbrellas that are incorporated into a backpack of some kind.
- The annual market for umbrellas, in the United States alone, is around $350 million a year.
- Though umbrellas (and their sunny cousins parasols) are believed to have thousands of years of history, the folding umbrella was only created in 1928.
- Those little cocktail umbrellas that come in tiki drinks? They date to the first half of the 20th century, very roughly.
- Bulgarian defector Georgi Markov was murdered by an assassin wielding a poison-tipped umbrella while standing on Waterloo Bridge in London in 1978.
Now that you know the “ins and outs” of not only water damage, but also a few facts about the amazing invention the umbrella, prepare your home or business by being emergency ready. Bookmark www.SERVPROACW.com and program (352)374-6589 into your mobile phone so SERVPRO of Alachua County West can be faster to your disaster!